Corporate Director of Sales
For our corporate office in Frankfurt – Offenbach we are currently searching for a Corporate Director of Sales. This position reports to the Area VPs. This position requires to travel minimum 50% but can also be done home office based.
People, Places, Passion, Profit – A selection of our core values that reflects our Odyssey Hotel Group to the point. We count ourselves among the fastest growing hotel operators on the European market and we want to continue this path successfully and, above all, together with our employees! We are a relatively young company, which has its origins in the Netherlands in 2012 and concentrates on international hotel business. Strategically cleverly aligned and staffed courageously with a lot of expertise from the housekeeper to the CEO, from the house technician to the financial controller and to all persons in operations – we give our employees a face and a voice that is heard – and no number. With forward-looking hotel projects and brands such as Moxy, AC, Delta, Tribute, Autograph Collection and many more under the Marriott flag we are expanding in Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, Poland, Austria and Slovenia. Therefore, we are always looking for highly motivated characters with a meaningful personality and a “hands-on” mentality!
- Works closely with the teams on property to develop and implement appropriate sales strategies and initiatives in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues, guest service and financial profitability
- First contact person for the Marriott Global Sales teams to ensure a trustful and valuable relationship
- Develops goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the different properties & brands in coordination with the sales teams on property and Area VP’s
- Assists with the preparation of assigned budgets.
- Interfaces with Corporate Director of Revenue Management and Digital to include, but not limited to, determining sales pricing strategies, developing rates, establishing group thresholds, determining space utilization policy, deploying competitive data strategies, conducting demand analysis and managing market mix
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the budgeted revenues and RevPAR performance goals.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all brand requirements including training, special offers and RFP’s.
- Monitors and reports results of all marketing and sales initiatives, developments and trends in the industry, evaluates their impact upon resort operations and recommends and implements tactical changes and improvements.
- Manages the overall marketing budget to enable development of overall and property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet & exceed properties objectives
- Manages pre-opening critical path for all sales and marketing related tasks and supports the pre-opening team as needed
- Participates in industry organizations, exhibitions, fairs and road shows
- Participates in sales calls with team members to acquire new business and /or close business.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development of property sales in coordination with GM’s
- Previous experience as a DOS in the hotel industry required, preferably with Marriott or Starwood
- Highly motivated individual with strong initiative and hunting spirit.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be an effective salesperson and leader, and able to drive revenue by executing a proactive Sales process
- Strong understanding on industry trends and distribution channels, with long standing relationships with travel partners and wholesalers
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and practices of budget development, administration and measurement of results on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis
If you are interested send a mail to: Stephanie Nierhaus